CITY-WIDE BRUSH PICK UP POLICY
Within the City of Wayland, brush will be picked up every Tuesday from approximately May through October and after severe storms. Your cooperation in adhering to this schedule will be appreciated. Please use the following guidelines (failure to do so will result in your brush not being picked up):
Brush Must BE:
- Placed in the public road right-of-way between the sidewalk and the street no sooner than the night before or later than 7 AM on the pickup day.
- Less than 6' and NO larger then 4" in diameter.
- Stacked in one direction with butts at the road side.
- Limited to the amount that can be loaded on a single 1-ton dump truck, per week, and the brush must originate from that property.
Brush Must NOT:
- Include loose leaves, twigs, stumps, vines, grass clippings, ornamental grass, flowers, sod, plants, roots or root balls.
- Include trash, nails, building materials, dirt or rocks.
- Be tied with string, twine, wire or any other material.
- Be left by a commercial tree removal or trimming company. If cut by one of these companies, they should remove it as part of their contract with the property owner.
- Be bagged. It will not be picked-up if it is in a leaf/lawn bags.
GRASS CLIPPINGS DISPOSAL POLICY
Many residents contact City Hall regarding the disposal of grass clippings during the spring, summer, and fall months. Research recommends that clippings be left on the lawn to absorb back into the soil or composted with other natural yard waste.
The City of Wayland does NOT provide grass clipping or yard waste disposal services
Michigan State Law prohibits yard waste in landfills, so please do not place grass clippings in your trash cart.
For grass clipping and other yard waste removal, contact your refuse hauler to see if they offer this service to their customers. Some companies offer collection options such as cart service or compostable paper bags. while the City of Wayland cannot endorse any one company, we are aware that the following refuse haulers provide yard waste service within the City of Wayland.
- Arrowaste, Inc. (Holland): 616-748-1955
- Bob's Disposal (Grand Rapids): 616-455-1155
- Republic Services (Kalamazoo): 877-698-7274
- Farmer's Disposal (Dorr): 616-681-2799